Sunday, August 20, 2017

When in doubt, write a Eulogy...

When I think about losing someone I love I think about what would be said about them at their funeral.  I think about all the good things that make them special and how much love I have for them.  

I recently was wondering what I would do if I was asked to give a Eulogy for someone that I do not get along with or with whom I have issues.  So I thought about it and picked someone that I have a hard time understanding.  I thought about the nice things I know about that person and realized that I should get to know them a little better instead of judging them as a person. 

This experience led me to the realize that when in doubt about how you feel toward another, write a Eulogy.  Think about the positive side of the person, maybe he/she loves animals, is kind to the elderly, is great with kids,  or volunteers his/her time to help those less fortunate.  Maybe he/she has had a difficult life or is going through a tough time. If you don't know much about the person, ask.  This may be a way to get to know them better.  Think of it as research for the Eulogy.  You may be surprised and end up with a new friend or at least gain a deeper understanding of the person.

Sending you Love and Light...

No comments:

Post a Comment