Sunday, August 6, 2017

The Love of an Animal...

I love to see posts on Facebook that involve animals, especially the pictures of animals smiling.  The smiles remind me that every living being has a Soul.  Animals give love -- unconditional love,   watch over us when we are sick, become our best friends, and save lives.  They even visit us from beyond.

Some people don't understand why animals are treated like humans and why people are so concerned about their care.  I find that those who feel this way have never had a pet or allowed a pet to enter their heart.

My first dog, Maxine, was a wire haired fox terrier that we rescued from a local shelter.  From the moment I saw her she entered my heart.  She was smart, funny, protective, and loving.  She stayed by my side when I was sick, and comforted me when I was in pain and could not sleep.  She taught me that  I was lovable, She loved me on my good days and my bad days.  She would go to each bedroom at night and open the door to make sure everyone was home.  When my Sons went to college she would lay by the door for the first few hours each time they left.  She missed them when they were away.  We were blessed to have Her with us for ten years.  When she passed it was one of the worst days in my life.  She was a part of our family.  

Even though she has passed she still visits us, we feel her on the bed, hear her collar jingling and her steps in the house, and have even seen her in the yard.

We have another wire haired fox terrier named Ginger.  We got Ginger as a puppy after Maxine had passed.  Ginger is also smart, funny, loving and protective.  I believe Maxine sent Ginger to help us heal.

I recently saw a teeshirt that said "when you rescue a dog you save two souls".  This is so beautiful and true. This is true of other animals as well.

What has your pet(s) taught you?  Share your stories...

Love and Light


No comments:

Post a Comment