Wednesday, August 24, 2016

The Fear of Death and Jesus...


There is the fear of death.  You may wonder why someone who knows that we choose our lives and obviously knows that we exist before this life would be afraid of death, this is a good question and one I ask myself when the fear arises.  I am not as afraid now as I was before, I believe it was the way I was brought up to believe that if you sin you will not go to Heaven.  I would worry that God was not happy with me because I wasn’t a perfect person and angry at the mistakes I made.  This fear was dispelled one night by Jesus.  Yes, I said Jesus.  I can truly say that Jesus is my Savior, and not for the reason you may think.  When my children were about middle school age I became very anxious.  I was going back to work and worried about my kids thinking I wasn’t a good Mom, the typical worries most parents have when they have been home with the kids and decide to go back to work.  The anxiety starting turning into depression.  I had a hard time sleeping and began to obsess about death.  One night I fell asleep and began to dream, in my dream I was standing on the street where I grew up, a river of water began to rush by me and there were people and things from my past flowing by me.  As I was looking at the water Jesus appeared (yes, I did say Jesus), and he said to let it go, that everything was going to be alright.  I woke up from the dream and felt a peace like nothing else I have ever felt in my life.  I knew it was the peace of God.  I thought if this is what it feels like after we die why should I be afraid.  His words have given me Peace ever since. 
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. With my life 3/4 over my fear is aging to be a burden. I pray for a peaceful death at the hands of Jesus. Yes I have a fear of death.

    ReplyDelete