Wednesday, August 10, 2016

I've heard them calling my name...

I was raised in an Irish Catholic household, Church every Sunday and Holy Days.  I enjoyed going to Church as a child.  I enjoyed the readings, music, and rituals.  Church aside, my family had many supernatural experiences and told a lot of ghost stories.  I remember as a child when there were family gatherings after everyone had eaten and were settled in it would become a time to tell the family stories.  I would love to sit and listen to the adults tell the stories.  Some were funny, some were sad, and some were ghost stories.  There always seemed to be a story where someone saw the ghost of a relative, lived in a house where they had experiences, or had some other type of experience that could not be explained.   

During my life time I have always heard my name called.  As a child I would be out playing or walking to the local store and I would hear someone call my name, loud and clear.   I would look around and no one was there.  I would not be frightened I would just continue on my way.  One day when I was in grade school, not sure what age exactly, my Grandfather asked me if I ever heard my name being called when no one was around.  He told me not to be afraid and to pray for the souls in Purgatory because they were asking for prayers.  After he told me that I would say a prayer when I heard my name called.  As I got older I just got used to the experience and didn’t give it too much thought.  Looking back I wish I would have been able to talk to my Grandfather more about the voices.  I have a feeling he had abilities that no one knew about but him.

During my life I have never felt alone.  I have always felt there was someone with me at all times.  I have always been fascinated by people who have abilities that are not ordinary.  I have always felt that all things are possible. 
Have you heard the voices....

No comments:

Post a Comment