Sunday, June 10, 2018

The Squeeze Test...

I recently heard someone talking about what happens to you when you are rattled by a person or experience.  How do you react? Do you automatically get angry or do you respond with kindness, or humor?  How we respond is what is inside of us.

This really hit home for me, it has not left my thoughts since I heard it. I thought about how I react when I am frazzled.  I do not always react well.  Sometimes I act with humor and other times I get short and snippy.  I really want to have love and understanding come from me when I am rattled.

I now  think of this as the squeeze test.  Now when I get squeezed I think about how I reacted, what came out of me at that time.  Is it how I want others to see me?  This has made me more aware of how I deal with others.

It is kind of like a ketchup or mustard squeeze bottle.  Sometimes when you squeeze it some gunk comes out first, then the good stuff follows. When you get rattled try to get rid of the gunk on top before you react or at least squirt it away from others.

Sending love, light and less gunk to you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment