Sunday, June 10, 2018

It's o.k. to be Me...

I have realized that awakening does not mean that I have to change who I am, totally.  I thought that when I was around people who were also awakening that I needed to be more refined or quiet and that I needed to suppress parts of my personality.

I have a sense of humor and deal better with situations when I can use humor. It is who I am.  I also have a tendency to use some, not so proper, language.  I started to suppress the humor and language to the point where I felt I wasn't being honest about who I am. I began to feel conflicted, then I realized that I can be on my Spiritual Journey and still be Me.  Yes, I have changed a great deal, for the better, over the past few years but I have realized that I can be better and do better by being my authentic self.

I also have a special group of people in my life who are awakened souls and being around them has helped me to see that it is not only o.k. to be myself, it is necessary.  We meet to discuss subjects that are spiritual and paranormal in nature.  We have some deep discussions and they always seem to have some humor thrown in as well.

Shakespeare wrote in King Lear, "Many a true word hath been spoken in jest", this has been a line that I have always loved.    I realized recently that I have had many aha moments watching a funny movie or listening to a comedian.  Recently this happened when I watched a Chris Rock special. He was talking about religion and said that he was trying to get some religion in his life, just a little, and continued to say that he has Faith in God and has not been to Church in ten years, then he said to the audience, you go to Church every week...you don't trust God.  I thought, wow what a statement.  Having Faith means to believe that the Creator is there for you always and does not need proof that we love Him/Her.

I just wanted to let you know that it is o.k. to be you, in fact it is mandatory!!  Never think you cannot be good or do good because you do not feel you are acting holy enough.  Be your authentic self, that is Holy.

Sending you all Love and Light!!!


2 comments: